Out Print Shop

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A new form of art.....

Hello all, hope you have been well......

Following a new discussion over at our linkedin forum, I thought it might be a good time to talk about a new tool that is being used in the art world.
A new tool that is being used by none other than Hockney himself.....

I am talking about the ipad of course!  Now, i'm sure you may be familiar with the ipad, and may even create artwork with one yourself, but for me this is uncharted territory.
Not that I am against this in any way, no, quite the opposite.  I love new mediums and new ways of doing things and I have seen some amazing art that has been created on the wonderful ipad.
And to celebrate this, I have gathered some great ipad paintings by an artist that I think, deserves the crown for ipad excellence........

David Kassan.  This guy is amazing, I found him on youtube a while back and he really is something special.  Take a look for yourself........


As you can see, this man really knows how to use an ipad to it's full potential.  And seeing these portraits makes me want to get one for myself!
I might just do that sometime soon.
Thanks for your time, and don't forget to join in on the discussion.....    http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Arts-Agency-International-whiteboard-3707169?gid=3707169&trk=hb_side_g

Until next time,
James Flynn

2 comments:

  1. Hi James - This kind of art is gaining ground all over the world. Check out this new international site aimed at recognising and celebrating the amazing work which is being created on iPads and digital devices around the world: www.lumenprize.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What app did this guy use please on his ipad

    ReplyDelete

FIND ME ON SKILL PAGES!

Find Roberto Edmanson-Harrison on SkillPages

LONDON ART

LondonArt, Be inspired

JACKSON'S ART SUPPLIES

Jackson's Art Supplies - Square Button

SUU ART DIRECTORY